Elopements + Intimate Weddings
You feel love
I make art with it
I genuinely believe in love.
All we can hope for in this life is that we find love and have the joy of spending time in beautiful places.
I want to show up while you’re getting ready. Hang out with you in your robe while you do your hair and makeup. I will capture the occasional tear that rolls down your cheek (because you are getting married TODAY!).
After we celebrate how gorgeous you are in your wedding dress (more tears) we are off to the first look. I stand back and allow you two to really share the moment and the views and the tears. I capture it all so you won’t forget that feeling. We then don our hiking boots and hike to the top of the overlook nearby. You exchange vows against a magical sunset. Now it’s time for some tears of my own while I watch this moment unfold!
I am a fly on the wall capturing every detail for you to look back on in the years to come. After all, when the dress is hung, hiking boots are long ruined and tossed out, these photos will be how you remember the day you said “I do.”
“I can’t say enough good things about EJ! We are so thankful for the way she captured our day and we feel blessed that we get to relive it through the photos she took. She was so responsive, flexible, and tentative to our wishes. She made sure to capture every moment we had discussed prior to our wedding. If you get the opportunity, don’t hesitate to book EJ. You won’t be disappointed!” -Carrie
Creating art together is spontaneous
Everything is original
Through the process of working together I really hope we become friends. After all I will be with you from start to finish on your wedding day, we should get along!
It is so important to me that you are comfortable and can be yourself, because the photos are about you and your relationship … not how I pose you. I will give you some guidance, but I won’t put you in some cheesy pose.
I want you to cry happy tears when you sit down and scroll through your gallery. When it’s all over and the photos are in your hands I want an email from you saying, “Damn you, how I will I ever choose what to print and hang on my walls?” That is the perfect ending in my mind. AND I hope we meet again, and again as your family grows.
Let’s break it down
How it works to work with me …
- You reach out and we get things going. First and foremost, I’m not a sales woman. I’m an artist. So I won’t try to sell you on anything. If you like my art, then I want to make it for you.
- I give you all the details about how to hire me and what the experience is like and you decide if you want to chat on the phone or over FaceTime. If we work together, we’re gonna need to be friends :).
- You decide to book me! Woo! We sign an agreement and you pay your retainer. The remainder is divided into two payments over the course of the year. Then you are on my calendar!
- We work together to create a timeline for your day that feels juuuuuust right to you.
- We email and talk whenever necessary to make sure I know what your wedding day/ elopement wants and needs are!
- I photograph your wedding/ elopement with a second shooter (or an assistant) and back up equipment. We leave nothing to chance so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- I deliver your sneak peek within 2-3 week of your wedding day.
- 8-10 weeks later, you get your whole gallery and we all relive your day again and again.