I am so grateful for the success my business has experienced this past year. The success is wholly a result of a strong network of friends, fellow photographers, family members cheering me on and the clients that have become fans of my work. Dare I ask for more? Is there a gift registry for business owners yet? Since, alas there is none, sigh, I have a request to all my loving and supportive clients, family and friends. I reflected on my last New Year's wish list and noticed that I have quite a few things to check off my list. Beware there are many repeats, but these are my wishes for 2017!
1. Every year I wish for this... I shoot at least one LBGT wedding per year, but I can't say it's enough... I want MORE gay weddings! This is a topic that hits very close to home for me, as I too had a gay wedding once upon a time. I live everyday with the loving support of my beautiful partner, Sarah. The person behind the camera at your LBGT wedding should be someone who understands posing LBGT couples. AND I would LOVE to be that person for you!
Pictured below is a photo from Jenn & Ashley's wedding at Mary's Lodge in Estes Park, CO.
2. To all of my dearest Michigan friends, will you help me find a wonderful couple getting married on a Lake Michigan beach? At sunset would be the cherry on top! This will be on my wish list until it finally happens! I have restructured my pricing to include travel for out of state wedding clients. This makes it super easy with no hidden costs.
3. Beach wedding... anywhere in the world! The Caribbean, Mexico, Costa Rica? Are you nervous about hiring a stranger abroad or out of state to shoot your destination wedding? It's not unusual to be worried. There are many of horror stories of people not getting what they were promised; and what legal action do you have with a business from a foreign country? For everyone who is eloping and anxious about hiring a photographer from a distant land, fret no more- it will be super affordable to take me with you! My 2017 Destination Wedding Collections start at $3,000!
4. The outstanding Midwest fall colors. I will make it to Michigan for a long weekend this fall. If anyone is getting married, wants family or senior photos book now! I am tentatively setting the trip for the week of October 20th, I hear the colors peak then!. My clients will not incur any of the travel costs!
5. Keep the adventurous couples, families and seniors coming! I have managed to attract some really fun, adventurous people thus far! I am an adrenaline junky and love a little thrill from time to time. I am not afraid to hike to a remote spot to get the perfect shot. Are you wanting to shoot your photos in a place off the beaten path? We might be a perfect fit if you are looking for photography that is a little bit different than everyone else!
6. New Astrophotography Anniversary sessions. I love to capture the night sky. Will I be able to book a marathon of mini sessions this summer to capture the night sky? If you are celebrating an anniversary this year, this might be the perfect treat for you and your spouse! Stay tuned for more information!
7. More chairlift weddings! I need at least one chairlift wedding this year. The Rocky Mountains are gorgeous in the summer time and there are so many fun things to do! Here are a few places for you to check out: Stop by the Winter Park Wedding Center, check out the Rocky Mountain Wedding Venue at Ski Granby Ranch or the beautiful Wedding Deck at Beaver Creek Resort.
8. To find the perfect location for our wedding venue. We will be scouting all over the U.S. for the perfect location to buy property for a wedding venue. (Who am I kidding? We are not leaving the West, we are only searching the West.) Hey, we might find it, we might not... but there is no harm in having a look!
If you have any ideas, comments or suggestions to help me achieve any of these goals please comment below! Do you want to partake in any of the above activities? Interested in modelling for a styled anniversary or wedding shoot? Please comment below, I am nothing without my supportive community!
Click COMMENT to leave some love!